We are happy to say that we’ll be back at Autodesk University this year with for our 3rd annual preconference dedicated to mechanical and structural contractors. Held on Monday November 14, the MEP & Structural Fabricators Forum will continue to help you Detail Better, Fabricate Better and Build Better.
We are now accepting proposals for classes! If you are interested in being selected to present during the conference, please consider submitting a proposal here.
What are we looking for?
- Classes that highlight design to fabrication to field workflows. Attendees want to hear how you’ve implemented, adopted and used Autodesk fabrication solutions, as well as the success you’ve had on projects. Real world scenarios and workflows with Revit or Advance Steel are also highly requested.
- Business Industry Talks (60 minutes in length): A lecture style class for C-level, project managers and decision makers that is focused on industry movements and business benefits of technology such as the Fabrication products or other Autodesk software.
- Technical Instructional Demos (60 minutes in length): A technical, lecture style class where you will share your experience and expertise in one or more of the Fabrication products, or products that integrate with the Fabrication products.
- Technical Hands-On Labs (60 minutes in length): A technical lab class where attendees will follow you step-by-step on the class computers.
When does Call for Proposals close?
May 27th, 2016. We’ll notify chosen speakers in late June.
How do I submit?
Use the Call for Proposals link. The AU page has lots of great information on preparing your submission.
Please note, to ensure your submission gets categorized properly, check off MEP & Structural Fabricators Conference when asked if you want to submit to any other conference in the CFP form.
Also note, you are more than welcome to submit more than one presentation. We are looking for classes for the preconference and the full AU conference, so the more presentations we have to choose from the better.
AEC Excellence Awards 2016?
Get your projects recognized! Be seen as a pioneer leading the way in changing the world’s building, construction and infrastructure, one project at a time.
Autodesk and HP are hosting the 2016 AEC Excellence Awards. Be awarded over $10,000 in prizes.
We are looking for the best use of Autodesk technology and BIM in building, construction and infrastructure projects. There are also categories specifically for small or niche projects, such as:
• Communication & Collaboration
• Computational Design
• Building Construction
Submissions for the awards are due on June 30th, 2016.
If you have any questions, please let us know on here.