During the project process from design to detailing, there are many discussions between engineer, detailer, and fabricator about how to connect the multi-material framing elements like beams, columns, and bracings.
For cases like that, you can place a structural connection to supply information about the desired connection and define the relations between the elements. Beneath several parameters for schedules and tags, it also enables you to store pictures and link to further documentation about the connection, like: connection requirements or design report.
The symbolic connectors can be shown in drawings and use colors based on approval and/or code checking status parameter for an easier review and/or approval workflow. If required, the connection between framing steel elements can be extended with detailed steel connections.
This feature improves workflow between design and detailing within the BIM environment.
We are happy to say that we’ll be back at Autodesk University this year with for our 3rd annual preconference dedicated to mechanical and structural contractors. Held on Monday November 14, the MEP & Structural Fabricators Forum will continue to help you Detail Better, Fabricate Better and Build Better.
We are now accepting proposals for classes! If you are interested in being selected to present during the conference, please consider submitting a proposal here.
What are we looking for?
Classes that highlight design to fabrication to field workflows. Attendees want to hear how you’ve implemented, adopted and used Autodesk fabrication solutions, as well as the success you’ve had on projects. Real world scenarios and workflows with Revit or Advance Steel are also highly requested.
Business Industry Talks (60 minutes in length): A lecture style class for C-level, project managers and decision makers that is focused on industry movements and business benefits of technology such as the Fabrication products or other Autodesk software.
Technical Instructional Demos (60 minutes in length): A technical, lecture style class where you will share your experience and expertise in one or more of the Fabrication products, or products that integrate with the Fabrication products.
Technical Hands-On Labs (60 minutes in length): A technical lab class where attendees will follow you step-by-step on the class computers.
When does Call for Proposals close? May 27th, 2016. We’ll notify chosen speakers in late June.
How do I submit? Use the Call for Proposals link. The AU page has lots of great information on preparing your submission.
Please note, to ensure your submission gets categorized properly, check off MEP & Structural Fabricators Conference when asked if you want to submit to any other conference in the CFP form.
Also note, you are more than welcome to submit more than one presentation. We are looking for classes for the preconference and the full AU conference, so the more presentations we have to choose from the better.
AEC Excellence Awards 2016? Get your projects recognized! Be seen as a pioneer leading the way in changing the world’s building, construction and infrastructure, one project at a time.
Autodesk and HP are hosting the 2016 AEC Excellence Awards. Be awarded over $10,000 in prizes. We are looking for the best use of Autodesk technology and BIM in building, construction and infrastructure projects. There are also categories specifically for small or niche projects, such as: • Fabrication • Communication & Collaboration • Computational Design • Building Construction
Submissions for the awards are due on June 30th, 2016.
If you have any questions, please let us know on here.
Reinforcement connectors are family-based and fully customizable, and each team member can use them according to their needs. Rebar connectors interact with the rebar that they connect to, facilitating change management.
Structural engineers can use schematic connectors to define requirements. Detailers can use them to produce shop drawings. Manufacturers can go into full detail, precisely modeling and representing reinforcement connectors to create installation instructions. You can add the connectors to groups, assemblies, and partitions with unique coupler numbering, and you can export them to various formats.
This feature improves level of details for reinforcement modeling and documentation.
First introduced in 2012 to recognize BIM in Infrastructure projects, this year’s competition now includes Building and Construction categories and will showcase innovative and connected BIM technology use. Categories include 1st and 2nd place for Building, Construction, and Infrastructure projects. There are also categories specifically for small or niche projects, such as fabrication, communication & collaboration, computational design, small & large building construction projects and more.
We will also award a Philanthropic Award that addresses the fields of public interest, social impact, community, humanitarian or sustainable design.
5 reasons to submit your project
1. MARKET YOUR SPECIALTY. There are NINETEEN award categories. Whether you are a small or niche firm, or a large firm that wants to be recognized for a particular capability, such as fabrication, communication, collaboration, computational design, or more, there is a place for your project. Have several projects you’re proud of? No problem. You can submit up to five different projects into five different categories.
2. GET THE RECOGNITION YOU DESERVE. Your project will get recognized publically just by submitting! Your project will be included in a showcase book that will be shared globally once the competition has closed, and may also be considered for an Autodesk success story featured on our website where it will be seen by thousands of visitors. This Showcase Book is easily shareable to your customers and clients.
3. PUBLICITY FOR YOUR PROJECT & COMPANY. There will be promotion and coverage of the AEC Excellence Award winners across Autodesk social media accounts and websites, as well as mentions in AEC industry publications and media coverage of the Awards ceremony at AU Las Vegas 2016.
4. WHO DOESN’T LIKE PRIZES? If your project is chosen, you could win a brand new HP ZBook, a trip to AU Las Vegas 2016 & recognition at the Autodesk University awards ceremony. And, of course, you’ll receive a beautiful trophy you can show off to all of your colleagues and clients once you return.
5. NETWORK WITH PEERS. All winners will receive an invite to the Awards ceremony at AU. This event will provide opportunities for best discussions, networking and collaboration with your AEC industry peers.
Here’s what to do Learn more at www.aecexcellence.com. Second, open/download this pdf as quick reference. Third, share this information with others in your organization because you can submit up to 5 projects. Deadline for submission is June 30 – so don’t delay.