Autodesk labs site provide "Google Earth TM Extension"for AutoCAD, Architecture, Civil 3D, Map 3D, the usages of the tool are:
- Import Google Earth image to .dwg applications (AutoCAD, Architecture, Civil 3D, Map 3D)
- Publishing 3D DWG Models to Google Earth TM
- AutoCAD Drape a grayscale Google Earth TM image onto a 3D mesh in AutoCAD applications
The 3rd function provide a method to import the elevation data for the current Google Earth view into AutoCAD as a mesh, then one can link the site .dwg as a reference to create Revit site, here are the steps:
- Launch AutoCAD (or Civil 3D, etc), do as per the guide (please refer to page 8-11 of the Google Earth TM Extension white paper, shown at the bottom of this article) indicates. Here are the results,
- Launch Revit application or open a Revit project file (.rvt), link and put the .dwg object onto the target level, adjust the location, size (scale factor) if necessary.
Activate the Mass & Site tap, create "Toposurface"
Choose "create from import\select import instance" option and select the linked dwg file.
- Here is the result in Revit GUI,
Google Earth TM Extension downloads site: http://labs.autodesk.com/utilities/google_earth_extension_beta/term_and_condition/
Google Earth TM Extension white paper: