There are new features and enhancements in Autodesk Revit 2015 R2 dedicated especially to structural engineers
- Improved rebar modeling: When reinforcing concrete elements, you can now place rebar in any 2D view. Place rebar in plan views, elevation views, and section views using the new placement plane tools.
- Snap to model lines for structural elements: To expedite and improve the modeling workflows, the following snapping enhancements are available for structural elements.
- You can snap to an imported and non-exploded CAD drawing.
- Similar to the behaviors when placing structural walls and slabs, all structural elements now snap to the geometry of imported drawings.
- 3D snapping has been enhanced.
- Snaps such as nearest, endpoint, and midpoints are available when defining structural elements along model lines.
- Additional snap locations are available along model lines for structural framing elements, structural columns, trusses, and isolated foundations.
- When you place non-hosted loads, you can now snap to model lines.
- Improved alignment reference: When changing the alignment reference of beam end geometry in a join, you can now select multiple framing element instances and change their alignment to a common join reference. You can also reset multiple changed references.
- Structural framing orientation: When refining your model, you can flip structural framing elements and maintain joins, as well as setback, geometry, and justification modifications.
- There is also enhanced user interface for structural elements in order to improve productivity during structural modeling.
These enhancements are available only to Autodesk Maintenance and Desktop Subscription customers for Revit 2015 software releases.